Treasures of the East
Destination: Puri, Gopalpur & Bhubaneshwar
Days – 05 Nts/06 days
Day 1: Arrive Bhubaneswar - Onto Puri (60 kms / approx. 2 hour drive)
Welcome to Bhubaneshwar, the Capital of Orissa. On arrival at airport / railway station in Bhubaneshwar, you will be welcomed by our representative. Proceed on a picturesque drive to Puri. En route, visit the famous Lingaraja Temple. Also, have a brief halt at Pipli village, famous for its applique work. One can buy various handicrafts at Pipli village. On arrival at Puri, check-in to your hotel. Later in the afternoon, visit the Jagannath Temple. Overnight in Puri.
Day 2: Puri * Excursion to Konark Sun Temple (35 kms / approx. 1 hour drive)
This morning, proceed on a half-day excursion to Konark Sun Temple. Built by Narasimhadeva-I in 1250 A.D, shaped like a chariot driven by seven horses on 12 pairs of wheels. Even in its ruined state its magnificence reflects the genius of its architects who envisioned and built it. In the afternoon, visit the artisan's village of Raghurajpur. The village is famous for Patta Chitra work (paintings on Palm Leaves). The artisans also make a wide variety of other items including palm leaf engravings, stone carvings, wood carvings, and wooden toys. Evening is free at leisure. Overnight in Puri
Day 3: Onto Gopalpur via Chilika (242 kms / approx. 6 hour drive)
Today after breakfast, proceed towards Gopalpur, one of the most pristine beaches of Orissa. En route, visit the Chilika Bird Sanctuary famous for rare migratory birds. On arrival, check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. A cruise in Chilka lake is recommended (on direct payment basis). This lake is home to over 160 varieties of fish and in the winter season it is home to hundreds of thousands of migratory birds, dotted with a host of islands with romantic names. Overnight in Gopalpur (B)
Day 4 : Gopalpur - Excursion to Taptapani (60 kms / approx. 1.5 hour drive)
In the morning, proceed on a half-day excursion to Taptapani hot water springs renowned for their medicinal value. There are a few tribes that live in the region as well and some of them are Kutia Kondh, Mali and Dingaria Kondh. Experiencing the culture and traditions of the tribal people can be an exhilarating experience. Return to Gopalpur in the afternoon. The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the old town of Gopalpur. Overnight in Gopalpur (B)
Day 5 : Onto Bhubaneshwar (180 kms / approx. 5 hour drive)
Today after breakfast, drive towards Bhubaneshwar, the capital city of Orissa. En route, visit the Udaygiri and Khandagiri Caves - an excellent example of Jain Cave Art, built by Kharavela around 1st - 2nd Century BC for Jain monks. The archaeological remains at Udayagiri consist of a brick stupa, bricks monasteries, a beautiful stepped stone well with inscriptions and rock-cut sculptures at the top of the hill. On arrival, check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Bhubaneshwar.
Day 6: Depart Bhubaneshwar * Return home with happy memories.
Today, after breakfast, you are transferred to the airport / railway station in Bhubaneshwar for your onward journey with sweet memories of "Treasures of the East"
- Accommodation on twin share basis
- Transportation – Entire trip in an AC vehicle. Vehicle is as per the itinerary and not on disposal basis.
- Meals: Daily buffet breakfast as per the itinerary.
- Hotel tax
- Transportation tax
- Any transport to / from Bhubaneshwar. Your tour price starts Ex Bhubaneshwar.
- Air, Train or Bus fare from / to your originating city of stay, unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Any increase in fuel cost, government taxes, entrance fees, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Entrance fees and guide charges wherever applicable.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the 'Tour Price Includes' column.
- Supplement charges applicable for long weekends and festivals.
- 3.50 % Govt. Service Tax.